BTG Pactual´s adjusted net income rose 40% in 2019 to R$3.8bn
• Full-year 2019 revenues totaled R$8.3bn, up 55.7% on 2018´s R$5.4bn. In 4Q19, revenues came in at R$2.5bn, 60.5% higher than in 4Q18.
• Adjusted net income in the quarter was R$1bn, marking a 42.0% improvement versus 4Q18.
• Return on adjusted equity (ROAE) was 19.1% for full-year 2019 and 4Q19.
• Solid results in Investment Banking, with record revenue of R$306.1mn in the quarter and R$948.8mn in the year – doubling 2018´s IB revenues.
• Strong expansion in AM and WM: annual growth of over 40% in total assets under management in Wealth Management and over 30% in Asset Management, totaling R$168.0mn and R$273.0mn, respectively.
• For the third year running, ISTOÉ Dinheiro (MBI/FGVCef/Fractal Consult survey) recognized BTG Pactual as the Best Bank to Invest in the Selective Retail Digital Platform, which is testament to the quality of service we provide.
São Paulo, February 14, 2020 – Overall revenues of BTG Pactual (B3:BPAC11) totaled R$2.5bn in 4Q19, 60.5% higher than the year-ago period, and net income was R$1bn. For full-year 2019, the Bank´s revenues came in at R$8.3bn, with adjusted net income of R$3.8bn compared to R$2.7bn in 2018, up 39.8%. Adjusted net income per unit ended 2019 at R$4.40, of which R$1.16 in 4Q19.
"Our prospects for 2019 were validated by the consistent results in the year, mainly in our client franchises. Once again, Asset Management and Wealth Management grew their AuM, and Investment Banking posted its best result since our IPO. We are the largest investment bank in Latin America and a benchmark in the financial sector. We are feeling very confident about 2020, with a focus on the excellence of our client service, as well as consistent investments in innovation to maintain the solid growth of all areas”, stated CEO Roberto Sallouti.
In Asset Management, total assets under management (AuM and AuA) on December 31, 2019 were R$273bn, up 31.5% versus year-end 2018 levels. In Wealth Management, total assets under management (AuM and AuA) ended last year at R$168bn, a 40.9% improvement versus year-end 2018.
Our Investment Banking revenues in 2019 more than doubled the previous year´s number, coming in at R$948.8mn, the best result since our IPO. In the quarterly comparison, 4Q19 IB revenues were 256% better than in 4Q18.
As part of our strategy to develop a Retail Digital Unit, BTG Pactual continues strengthening its market presence and its capacity to attract more sophisticated financial advisors whilst maintaining its excellence in the services provided to a burgeoning client base.
The Bank ended 4Q19 with a BIS ratio of 14.9% and an ROE of 19.1%.
About BTG Pactual
BTG Pactual is the largest investment bank in Latin America and operates in Investment Banking, Corporate Lending, Sales & Trading, Wealth Management and Asset Management. Since its inception, in 1983, the Bank has been run based on a meritocratic partnership culture, with a focus on the client, excellence and a long-term vision. BTG Pactual has cemented its status as one of the most innovative financial institutions, having won numerous national and international awards. It currently has around 3,000 employees in its Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, US, Portugal and UK offices. For more information, please go to http://www.btgpactual.com
For more press information, please contact:
Ilana Szyller, Leonardo Duarte or Tales Ponce | firstname.lastname@example.orgLeia mais
BTG Pactual nasce como maior banco de investimentos independente baseado em mercados emergentes